Recipe for Spiced Banana and Coconut Buckwheat Pancakes:
- 1 and 1/4 cup Buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup finely desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon soda bicarbonate
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1 egg (you can use 1 tablespoon flax seed powder instead)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or any other vegetable oil of choice)
- 1 cup unsweetened Soya milk (or any other milk of choice)
- Coconut oil to grease
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Whisk all the wet ingredients together,
- Pour into dry ingredients and whisk
- till batter is well combined.
- Add more milk if needed.
- Heat a non stick pan and lightly grease with oil.
- Drop a large dollop of batter to make 4″ pancakes.
- Flip when the bottom is golden brown,
- Cook till the second side is golden brown too.
I served the Pancakes warm with honey,blackberry/raspberry coulis, fresh goats cheese cream, and chopped pistachios.
These are my all time favourite gluten-free pancakes, and we usually make them for Sunday breakfast.
I don’t like them too thick, so these have a thickness that is somewhere between crepes and pancakes. I love the taste of bananas and coconut,mixed with all the spices, felt like Christmas already!!
I had some frozen blackberries and raspberries, so I heated them with some honey and strained to make a very tasty coulis. There was some fresh soft goats cheese in the fridge,
I whisked it up with a little milk and viola, it went very well with the honey and coulis.
The chopped pistachios added a great crunch.
There are days when the writing just does not flow as well,
it is better then to not insist, do what one can and let it go.
This was originally posted on Neeta’s Healthy Plate (http://www.neetashealthyplate.com/)