Recipe for Spiced Banana and Coconut Buckwheat Pancakes:
- 1 and 1/4 cup Buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup finely desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon soda bicarbonate
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1 egg (you can use 1 tablespoon flax seed powder instead)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or any other vegetable oil of choice)
- 1 cup unsweetened Soya milk (or any other milk of choice)
- Coconut oil to grease
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Whisk all the wet ingredients together,
- Pour into dry ingredients and whisk
- till batter is well combined.
- Add more milk if needed.
- Heat a non stick pan and lightly grease with oil.
- Drop a large dollop of batter to make 4″ pancakes.
- Flip when the bottom is golden brown,
- Cook till the second side is golden brown too.
I served the Pancakes warm with honey,blackberry/raspberry coulis, fresh goats cheese cream, and chopped pistachios.
These are my all time favourite gluten-free pancakes, and we usually make them for Sunday breakfast.
I don’t like them too thick, so these have a thickness that is somewhere between crepes and pancakes. I love the taste of bananas and coconut,mixed with all the spices, felt like Christmas already!!
I had some frozen blackberries and raspberries, so I heated them with some honey and strained to make a very tasty coulis. There was some fresh soft goats cheese in the fridge,
I whisked it up with a little milk and viola, it went very well with the honey and coulis.
The chopped pistachios added a great crunch.
There are days when the writing just does not flow as well,
it is better then to not insist, do what one can and let it go.