Gluten free breads are not easy even when you follow a twice made recipe. Somehow they are usually hit or miss, beyond your control. Creating and cooking gluten free foods has truly taught me to trust my instincts and cook from my heart.
This cake like bread made with zucchini and walnuts with a banana mashed in for subtle sweetness and flavour is one of my all time favourites. I hope this will be a hit and not a miss for you, do try and enjoy!
Recipe for Zucchini and Banana Walnut Bread
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 cup sorghum flour (jowar ka atta)
- 1/2 cup amaranth flour (rajgiri ka atta)
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp xantham gum (or 2 tsp arrowroot)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- A handful of chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180 C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Add the wet ingredients in a food processor and process till smooth and batter like.
Combine all the dry ingredients except the walnuts and add to the batter.
- Process till smooth and fluffy. Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Pour the batter in the loaf tin and bake for 35 minutes or till a knife comes out dry and clean.
- Let it cool and slice.
I cut into slices and freeze for later too.Then warm or toast a slice to accompany my salad, soups or sometimes just spread coconut butter and raw honey for a treat!
3 thoughts on “Recipe: Zucchini & Banana Walnut Bread”
OTG lena hai,uske baad isko try karungi, microwave me to accha nahi banta na
Sounds lovely. I don’t think I can get the flours in the UK. Can I use buckwheat, rice and corn flour instead ? 🙂
Yes of course! Do share the final outcome with us 🙂