- 1 lb ground chicken/lamb
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 onion sliced in round
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sun dried tomatoes, sliced thinly (optional)
- 1/4th cup garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon honey mustard
- cheddar cheese cut into cubes
- 2-3 lettuce leaves
- Wash the minced meat well and let the water drain completely.
- In a bowl, mix the minced onion, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and all the sauces with the meat.
- Take small portions of the meat and make a small hole in the centre to fill it with the cheese. Make a ball to cover the cheese and pat it flat.
- Cook it in a flat pan till brown on both sides for about 6-7 mins on both sides, depending on the meat and the thickness (do not overcook the meat).
- After cooked, let the pattice rest for 5 mins.
- For the filling I personally really like the sweetness of caramalised onions.
- Simply cook the onion slices in a pan with a teaspoon of butter on a low flame.The onion will start turning brown slowly and will turn soft.
- Additional toppings can be tomatoes, lettuce leaves or bacon.
This recipe was contributed by Rishika Kudalkar, an Accessory Designer and Food Enthusiast.