My morning usually starts with healthy eating, either I eat muesli, yogurt, eggs anything else which gives me energy to carry for the entire day.
Oats are usually really boring but what if you add some twist to it and cook your version of it. You can give your own flavours and come up with something really amazing.
One such twisted healthy recipe is my Oats Poha. Serve yourself a healthy breakfast to brighten up your morning. Quick and easy to make and full of flavour!
|Finely chopped onions||1/4 cup|
|Curry leaves||5-7 pieces|
|Coriander powder||1 tsp|
|Chopped carrots, red and yellow bell-peppers||1/2 cup|
|Finely chopped tomatoes||1/4 cup|
|Olive oil||2 tbsp|
|Salt to taste||To taste|
How to cook cook cook!
- Sprinkle some water on oats until they are soft. Don’t wash the oats, this will make them soggy. Fluff them with fork and set aside
- Heat oil in a pan, and sauté the onion till they become pink
- Add garlic, green chilies and curry leaves
- Mix with coriander and turmeric powder
- Cook till everything comes together
- Add carrot, red and yellow bell-peppers, lightly cook it but keep the hard and crunchy texture
- Once everything is mixed together, add tomatoes
- Add oats and lightly toss them. Sprinkle salt according to your taste
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and sprinkle with some chopped fresh coriander
- Serve hot with green tea
- Replace olive oil with any refined oil
- Add olives and mushrooms
- Adjust the spices according your own taste
- Instead of fresh green chilli you can use chilli powder too
- You can avoid bell-peppers
This article was originally published on Food and Streets by Sadaf.