If you follow my work on Instagram, you’d be aware that I took up the 30 days Keto diet challenge, recently. Well firstly, here’s what is keto diet, as explained by ruled.me:
A keto diet is well known for being a low carb diet, where the body produces ketones in the liver to be used as energy. It’s referred to as many different names – ketogenic diet, low carb diet, low carb high fat (LCHF), etc.
When you eat something high in carbs, your body will produce glucose and insulin.
- Glucose is the easiest molecule for your body to convert and use as energy so that it will be chosen over any other energy source.
- Insulin is produced to process the glucose in your bloodstream by taking it around the body.
Since the glucose is being used as a primary energy, your fats are not needed and are therefore stored. Typically on a normal, higher carbohydrate diet, the body will use glucose as the main form of energy. By lowering the intake of carbs, the body is induced into a state known as ketosis.
Ketosis is a natural process the body initiates to help us survive when food intake is low. During this state, we produce ketones, which are produced from the breakdown of fats in the liver.
The end goal of a properly maintained keto diet is to force your body into this metabolic state. We don’t do this through starvation of calories but starvation of carbohydrates.
|Button mushrooms||4 no.|
|Garlic pods||2 no.|
|Coriander powder||½ tsp|
|Red chillies powder||½ tsp|
|Garam masala||½ tsp|
|Mustard oil||2 tsp|
- Dice the mushrooms, capsicum, and onions. Wash them and keep aside.
- Cube the paneer. Keep aside.
- Add the vegetables and paneer into the marinade and keep it in the refrigerator to rest for 2-3 hours.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Once ready, place a foil on the oven tray and add the mixture on that and place it in the oven for 30 minutes or till crisp.
- Plate it and serve with pickled onions.
- Take the bowl of curd and add crushed garlic pods, coriander powder, red chillies powder, garam masala, salt and mustard oil.
- Mix this well till smooth.
Fairly simple, wasn’t it? No rocket science, this. Do tell me if you make this using my recipe. Happy eating!
PS: I’ve never written recipes before, so forgive me if I faltered somewhere!
All images are copyright protected. Please take permission before using.